Squatting is such an important exercise to master when you are pregnant.
It is 100% safe throughout your three trimesters and can be practiced using a variety of different equipment and positions.
THE BENEFITS OF SQUATTING
1. Increase Pelvic Floor and TVA strength
- The correct firing pattern of the muscles when squatting should always involve PFM and TVA to stabilize the pelvis.
- Holding a squat is a good place to practice PF engagement when the muscles are stretched.
- It’s also a good place to do your third trimester reverse breathing.
2. Prevent Back & Pelvic Pain