As the uterus grows during pregnancy, all the ligaments that attach to it must stretch. In particular the poor round ligament stretches a great deal, commonly causing pain.
- The pain can be from the strain on the ligaments as the pelvis widens, the ligaments spasm, or by the ligaments pulling on nearby sensitive structures
- The pain comes and goes and is often related to your baby's growth spurts
- It can feel like pelvic pain or back pain and can be a sharp pain, a dull ache or a tugging sensation. The pain is more often experienced on the right side
- Avoiding sudden movements
- Try to release the ligaments by drawing the knees toward the belly in side lying