BodyLove Pilates is focused on providing effective and safe prenatal training. Our goal is to strengthen muscles that support you as your body progresses through pregnancy.
The deep core muscles are key and will be cued in every move but it’s important to know what other muscles are important and why. Luckily they're some of your favorite "vanity" muscles too!
- By focusing on the muscles of the arms you will not only gain a good set of guns -long, lean arm muscles - but we will be preparing you for the strength needed after your baby is born – lifting, carrying, rocking and feeding
- BICEPS, TRICEPS, DELTOIDS
- A strong back is a vital part of staying pain free during your pregnancy
- The muscles we focus on will support you in good posture – countering the rounding of the shoulders and exaggeration of the lumbar curve caused by the growing baby and bigger boobs
- Strengthening the back and shoulder blade stabilizers is crucial as you approach becomign a new mom when you will be feeding and holding your baby for extended periods
- ERECTORS OF THE SPINE, MID/LOW TRAPEZIUS, ROTATOR CUFF MUSCLES, SERRATUS ANTERIOR, LATS
- You are going to need strong legs to support your pelvis and lower back as the weight of the baby increases
- Working your legs also aids your circulatory system to counter any fluid retention that may occur
- PLUS who doesn’t want toned hot baby mama thighs!
- QUADS, HAMSTRINGS, CALVES
- Your butt muscles are surprisingly vital to remaining pain free during your pregnancy
- They support your pelvis and lower back as they baby grows
- The deep butt muscles counter the effects of relaxin on your pelvis by helping to hold the bones in place
- OH and working these will keep that butt looking pert and hot
- GLUTE MAX, GLUTE MED, PIRIFORMIS, DEEP EXTERNAL ROTATORS OF THE HIP